Thursday, May 3, 2012

Post Birthday Festivities

It took 14 hours of plane time to get from London back to the Pothier’s house in Arizona. Just as we were accelerating to take off at Gatwick, the pilot slammed on the brakes (luckily everyone had their seat belts on) and we were told that we had to go back because one of the cargo door lights was on. I guess they could see baggage flying through the air so we went back, had it checked, re-gassed because the gas we had lost in the return and were finally on our way. You just never know what excitement a flight holds!

Still, I have to admit that I LOVE plane time!  I can read, write, blog, talk, (Shawni and I reviewed conference notes which was so helpful) and do whatever I want without interruption or anyone asking me to do anything!  I just love it! 

I also loved having an extra day with the ever entertaining Pothiers!  I even got to go to Lucy’s swim lesson and her class party. So fun!

image

image

She made a cute pair of binoculars!

image

Such a cute class, even though that adorable little girl covered up darling Lucy! Lucy says she’s going to marry the adorable little boy on the far right. She has good taste in guys. So cute!

image

Then it was off to Las Vegas to meet Rickie for my birthday celebration with him. He had been in St. George while I was gone so he just drove on over and we saw a spectacular show a The Wynn called LeReve (which I think means The Dream).  It’s too incredible to even describe. I felt like is WAS in a dream (jet lag helped). It was AMAZING!

image

image

The Wynn itself was pretty…out of this world. As stunning as some of the things were there, we were very glad to leave after our 24 hour allotment!

image

Even the floor mosaics were amazing!

image

 

image

Huge wall of water in the background there. What they haven’t thought of just wasn’t worth it! See the tiny stone man watching the waterfall from the pool?

image

Let’s have a closer look:

image

image

I was certainly properly “birthdayed” on this one!  I am laden with blessings!

1 comment:

eyre blog said...

This is fun to see post birthday stuff. glad you had fun!