Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Time of His Life!





So here's Dad having the time of his life at the Australian Open and I'm having a pretty great time myself! Having wanted to do this his whole life, he's kind of like a kid in a candy story! He is like a gadfly, running from court to court making sure that he sees EVERYTHING and I am pretty much on my own until he decides to "settle". It was so fun to watch Serena warm up for her match yesterday, even though she lost and then see Nadal pull out another win. The stadium is smaller than it looks so we felt pretty close to the action. On the Margaret Court Court yesterday afternoon, were within 6 yards of the Williams sisters and saw a fabulous doubles match agains a couple of amazing girls from China. They were all aweseome but the China girls won!

The weirdest part was that just at the end of the doubles match, something flew through the air and dropped a big splob me right on the front of my new white T shirt. I looked down and realized that a seagull had just flown by and dumped on me! The only thing I could think of to say was "Crap" (no pun intended)! It was pretty funny actually. A permanent memory for that T shirt I'm afraid!I woke up at 6:00 a.m. thinking about our great kids and wishing each of you could be here with us! After thinking we were going to be sweltering in the heat we were really cold yesterday. It's the coldest Open in 20 years, so I'm trying to figure out what to wear to stay warm outside of wearing my winter coat which I brought for China. I'm sure we'll survive. We're having way too much fun. Sorry!

P.S. Since this didn't post, it's another day down so I'll add today! We rode ten speed bikes from our Hotel straight to the Tennis arena (about 5 miles) along the beautiful Yarro River and back afterward. It was really fun but I think I'm going to be a little on the stiff side tomorrow. The matches were so fun today and it was nice and warm! Hope you're all well!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jonah and Aja said...

so glad to hear you are having a great time. we need to get ana watching some of that so she can see the form and get into it a little more. elsie is standing here by me and she says "hi (bobble, bobble)"

Shawni said...

Oh man I'm so glad you guys are there and loving life. I'm disappointed it's not hotter though because it's always fun to have Dad at a tennis event with his shirt off and slathered with baby oil. I'm not going to put it past him though, maybe that's what he's doing even if it's colder. Love you guys.