Wednesday, August 12, 2015

More Reunion and July 2016

The Eyrealm reunion this year was planned and executed by Charity and Ian. Considering that they were still probably reeling from their around the world trip, they did an incredible job! We had SO much fun! For a terrific synopsis of how things unfolded, Shawni has done a perfect job of capturing each of the major events and hoopla here.

So instead of replaying all the fun in the order that I happened  I have the luxury of posting my favorite pictures and events from our time together. I am lucky enough to have been able to download pictures collected by Saydi from her camera as well as from Eli and Shawni  (sadly Kristi’s memory card crashed while downloading hers and Josh and Saren left before we got a chance to collect their photos. Since the pics were all mixed together I have no idea who to thank individually for capturing all the fun and beauty of our days together so here’s a big blanket thanks for your gifted eyes!

First I have to say that my hard-working mom and dad who were both raised on farms and knew the importance of hard work would have loved this activity initiated by Ian and Charity for the first time this year. They decided that since everyone enjoys the facilities at Bear Lake we would start the reunion off with a couple of hours of 36 people working hard to fix and maintain the outdoor furniture and control the weeds (among other things). You will see the weed and maintenance projects at the main complex on Shawni’s blog but this was our little crew up at the Lighthouse. Josh had just left but here are the girls and some adults oiling deck furniture after finishing weeding the eight flower beds that surround the house. All I have to say is “HOORAY FOR WORK!”

thumb_IMG_1870_1024

thumb_IMG_1873_1024

A few years ago as the grandkids have gotten older, we have realized that a contest to see who can work best in teams with a reward of a all-you-can-eat trip to a hamburger place on the lake worked like a charm to get the massive amount of dishes cleared and done after each meal. Tal was in charge of the work detail and the rewards and he made it work like a charm!

image

image

image

We had adult helpers too when the dishwasher overflowed and filled the kitchen floor. Thank goodness for these great mechanical minds! Still, after it happened the 3rd time, we called in the professionals who figured out what they couldn’t have known and it’s worked like a charm ever since.  

image

For some reason, one of the goals the past few years for everyone was to prevent me from working. Last year Eli bought professional grade handcuffs and cuffed me to a chair so I couldn’t get up to get somebody something during dinner. So I just had to just watch everyone working.

This year they come up with a novel idea to do the same thing with a nice after-effect. There was a sign up sheet for the kids to give their Grammie foot rubs after dinner so that I couldn’t move. I tell you what….those little kids were better than I’ve very received at a salon! It was heavenly!  Lyla went ahead and filled in that last blank so she did double duty!  Cute enough?

They must have had a secret meeting about this because every time I attempted to help with the dishes at any meal, some kid grabbed the dish I had in my hand and demanded that I leave! Pretty nice!

image

The weather this year was simply spectacular. Although we had some beautiful sunny days on the beach, we also had more rain and squalls and fog and mist, cool days and actual weather than I can every remember.

image

image

image

 

image

image

image

 

image

image

image

image

image

There are just moments that I can’t resist posting. They conjure up such great memories! Even though the reunion is officially only 3 1/2 days, family members and friends and extended family came and went for 3 1/2 weeks. Here are some of my absolute favs of the kids (thanks to our fabulous photographers)!

image

image

image

The most fun for me was just watching the kids cute personalities and their interactions with each other as well as the adults! This child rarely wore anything other than this beloved dress-up. I think she even slept in it!  Love it!

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

image

 

image

 

 

 

image

thumb_IMG_2030_1024

 

We had endless fun in, by and around the water:

image

image

image

 

 

image

imageimage

thumb_IMG_2110_1024

thumb_IMG_2117_1024

image

image

image

Well I think that’s about as much as my computer will let me post in one sitting. You are probably glad to hear that if you’ve made it this far. For family history’s sake though the next few posts will be about our July birthdays, a baby blessing, crowds having fun, the Fear Factor, foodies and of course, Grammie Camps. More than you  probably want to know but I’ve got to do it before my memory fades into oblivion!  

2 comments:

deepdvd said...

You should hit Josh up for some GoPro aerial shots from his quad-copter.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful time to be with extended family. With all due respect, as an "outsider looking in" over the past few years at your blog and Shawni's....

Seems like these Bear Lake trips, while educational and bonding - are way too overly scheduled to the hilt. Granted, the meals, some activities and a few projects are fine - but do the children have any time at all just to lay back and look and the sky? I don't mean "10AM - 10:15AM sky gazing" written on the schedule. Just time to chill and just "be"?

And also, teaching children the value of hard work is fine, but it also seems like you get a whole lot of free work done by children and grandchildren during this "vacation"....