Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Oh Baby!

At 5:30 a.m. Charity woke up on the morning of July 9th and knew she was in labor! The labor seemed to be going really fast (as is the norm for me and our other daughters) we left for the hospital about 9:30 and checked in at 10. The rest is a very interesting and important story. The story is told beautifully striaght from “the Mother’s heart” here.  I’m just going to give you a picture story. Some are from my Iphone camera and some from Charity’s really nice camera so here we go:

This is my absolutel favorite. It looks as though Moses is smiling right back at his daddy!

thumb_IMG_2736_1024

 

This is Charity’s wonderful doula Mars whom we all love (originally from Jamaica)

and the midwife below Erinin (from Greece) 

thumb_IMG_2751_1024

thumb_IMG_2766_1024

The view from the Garden Room next to where Charity was laboring:.

thumb_IMG_2774_1024

thumb_IMG_2769_1024

From the delivery room. Sweet hand still purple!

image

image

Could there be a happier moment?

image

image

thumb_IMG_2821_1024

thumb_IMG_2823_1024

thumb_IMG_2837_1024

I guess I’m happier to see him than he is to see me! It’s hard to get born!

 

image

This woman, this baby of mine, was positively incredible!  The more chaotic it got, the more calm she became. She was a joy to behold!

image

The view from their hospital room: (It’s easy to see how he got his middle name!)

thumb_IMG_2796_1024

thumb_IMG_2798_1024

image

Being a new parent is thoroughly exhausting!  They were such a dynamic duo. Ian was a champion and Charity, a true hero! Life has just changed forever for these two…for the better!

thumb_IMG_2890_1024

thumb_IMG_2878_1024

Below is my view on my fifteen minute walk home from the hospital:

thumb_IMG_2900_1024

The required car seat to carry him home was just a bit on the large side!

image

image

And there is Moses in his basket. Now all we need is some bulrushes!

image

Even with a few signifigant glitches, it was a glorious 72 hours! . More on our adventure at home before I left coming soon!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely pix, I especially like that they are in colour - I can't stand black & white pictures.

Moses is so cute, can't believe he's nearly 6 weeks!

Congrats to you & Richard on your newest grandchild & of coarse to Charity & Ian.x

Natalie said...

I just love your family Linda! Congratulations to you all on baby Moses. He is an absolutely beautiful baby! You've worked so hard to raise a wonderful family and all that hard work has paid off in spades! Thank you for inspiring me to work hard as a Mother.