Monday, May 18, 2009

Haven, Hogs and Horse Heaven!

Last week Dad went to St. George without me while I did some "stuff" that I had to do here.  One fun thing was my haven of dear friends in my Book Club!  We met at Marsha Richard's house in North Salt Lake just around the corner from Lenna's and we had such a fun "Surprise for your Eyes" lunch! 

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 075

Marsha thinks of everything! Note the recipes by each plate! 

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 076

Mike Preece reviewed Massacre at Mountain Meadow for us and excruciating as it was to know the awful truth, it is such a fascinating, finally really balanced account of what actually happened. About a third of the book is footnotes. I can't believe the research they put forth to make it happen, nor can I believe that it happened! 

I headed straight up to Logan to visit with Grandma and Kevan and we had a little "Costco Dinner" together. Grandma is doing so well and Kevan is too! We're so grateful that they have each other!

Next I drove on up to Bear Lake where I slept overnight at the Bamboo house and then measure the windows from shades in the living room to protect ourselves from the heat this summer. Still gotta order those!

Came home that morning, planned reunions for July 10th and 11th with the extended family and then headed for the airport, where I just realized that my car still is! 

Anyway, I flew to St. George where Dad and I slept at Looslis and headed out to grab a Harley to drive through Zion's canyon on Friday.  It was an amazing way to feel, smell, touch and see nature close up and personal...as well as fast!  We had a great time!

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 084

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 089

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 100

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 101

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 092

We stopped that the greatest Mexican Restaurant in Springdale for lunch!

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 106

The next day the Looslis came up to Kolob and we went to Horse Heaven in five fingers of the Kolob.

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 118

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 120

A great time was had by all in this amazing country!

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 110

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 115

Just a reminder:

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 077

What a great family!

Harbor Island and St. George Weekend 080

1 comment:

Shawni said...

Mom that is the cutest picture of you ever in the middle there. Love you.